Newstalk is now Ireland’s second most-listened to station on Daily Reach
06th February 2019: According to the latest JNLR results released today, Newstalk has achieved an all-time high prime-time Market Share of 6.9% – a year-on-year increase of 0.6%.
Newstalk has 768,000 weekly listeners (up 14,000 year-on-year) while Daily Listenership is up 31,000 year on year to 419,000. This makes Newstalk the second most listened to station in the country.
In addition, Newstalk has consolidated its position in the key Dublin Market as the clear Number 2 station in the capital.
All Newstalk prime-time programmes across the weekday and weekend schedule showed audience growth while the introduction of the new 6:00am start to live weekday programming is also showing positive increases in audience.
Managing Editor of Newstalk, Patricia Monahan commented today;
“With more listeners tuning in to Newstalk every day, it is clear that we are delivering radio that is relevant to our target audience of 25-54 year olds and that our presenters are providing the insight, opinion and analysis they want. Today’s figures are the result of strong team-work across the Newstalk schedule. It is great to see all-time high listenership results for all shows across the day from Newstalk Breakfast to The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates”.
Key figures for Newstalk weekday programmes:
- Newstalk Breakfast Reach 128,000 (Up 7,000 Book-on-Book, Up 9,000 Year-on-Year)
- The Pat Kenny Show –Reach 155,000 (Up 6,000 Book-on-Book, Up 12,000 Year-on-Year)
- Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly – Reach 105,000 (Up 4,000 Book-on-Book, Up 6,000 Year-on-Year)
- Sean Moncrieff – Reach 97,000 (Up 6,000 Book-on-Book, Up 15,000 Year-on-Year)
- The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates – Reach 170,000 (Up 13,000 Book-on-Book and up 31,000 Year-on-Year)
- Off The Ball – Reach 54,000 (Up 2,000 Book-on-Book, Down 1,000 Year-on-Year)
Follow @Newstalkfm or visit www.newstalk.com