2nd May 2019: Newstalk has maintained its position as the second most listened to station in Ireland with 414,000 listeners tuning in every day. This is an increase of 22,000 over the last year and means that more listeners tune in daily than to 2FM or Today FM.
Newstalk has 746,000 listeners each week and has achieved a National Prime-Time Market Share figure of 6.8%, up 0.3% year on year. Newstalk also remains the Number 2 station in the key Dublin region with a Market Share of 10.4%. Newstalk weekday programmes have performed strongly across the last twelve months with significant gains for Sean Moncrieff (up 14,000 Year-on-Year) and The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates (up 28,000 Year-on-Year). Meanwhile, Newstalk’s weekend schedule has performed strongly with a number of shows delivering all-time high results; Down to Business with Bobby Kerr (123,000 reach), Futureproof with Jonathan McCrea (70,000) and Off The Ball Sunday (134,000).
Managing Editor of Newstalk, Patricia Monahan commented today; “We are delighted with today’s results which clearly show that we are providing our audience with the opinion and analysis they want. Leading the way are Ivan Yates and Sean Moncrieff who have seen significant audience growth in the last 12 months. It is also great to see our long-standing weekend programmes continue to make gains ”.
Key figures for Newstalk weekday programmes:
- Newstalk Breakfast – Reach 124,000 (Down 2,000 Year-on-Year)
- The Pat Kenny Show – Reach 150,000 (Up 2,000 Year-on-Year)
- Lunchtime Live with Ciara Kelly – Reach 100,000 (Up 1,000 Year-on-Year)
- Sean Moncrieff – Reach 97,000 (Up 14,000 Year-on-Year)
- The Hard Shoulder with Ivan Yates – Reach 173,000 (Up 28,000 Year-on-Year)
- Off The Ball – Reach 54,000 (No change Year-on-Year)
Follow @Newstalkfm or visit www.newstalk.com